Active Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Time: 24 hours
• 1/4 oz (7g) cannabis flower, decarboxylated
• 2 cups high-proof alcohol, like Everclear or a strong grain alcohol
Place the decarboxylated cannabis flower inside an empty mason jar and pour the grain alcohol over the top, covering the flower completely. Close the mason jar securely.
Store the jar in a cool, dark place such as a cupboard or closet, giving it a good shake every few hours to agitate the alcohol infusion. It will be ready to use within 24 hours.**
Prepare a cheesecloth a set it over a fine-mesh strainer. Pour the cannabis-infused tincture through the cheesecloth and into a measuring cup with a spout. Discard the solids. Transfer the finished tincture to clean jars or bottles. Store in a cool, dark place.
** Ardent’s lab testing shows that with a 3- hour Everclear soak, there is already significant cannabinoid extraction of over 80 percent. If you can wait longer, the additional overnight soak will give full potency.
1. Can I use a different type of alcohol for the tincture?
Yes, you can use high-proof alcohol like Everclear or a strong grain alcohol for the tincture.
2. How long does it take for the tincture to be ready?
The tincture will be ready to use within 24 hours, but for full potency, you can wait longer with an additional overnight soak.
3. How should I store the finished tincture?
You should store the finished tincture in clean jars or bottles in a cool, dark place.
4. Can I omit the cannabis flower for non-infused pickles?
Yes, if you prefer non-infused pickles, you can omit the cannabis flower from the recipe.