Nowadays, the cannabis market offers a wide variety of strains with different characteristics and properties. One such type is THC-free marijuana, which is known for its absence of the psychoactive compound THC. Instead, it is rich in other beneficial compounds like CBD and CBG, which provide various medicinal and therapeutic properties. In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about THC-free marijuana.
- THC-free marijuana refers to cannabis strains that have a low or non-existent tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content, avoiding the psychoactive effects typically associated with marijuana.
- These strains are high in CBD (cannabidiol) and other cannabinoids like CBG (cannabigerol).
- THC-free marijuana offers pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and stress-reducing properties, among others.
- It interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which regulates essential functions such as sleep and mood.
- Popular THC-free strains include Juanita “La Lagrimosa,” Critical CBD, Red Pure Auto CBD, and Auto White CBG.
THC-Free Marijuana: What is it?
THC-free marijuana is a type of cannabis that does not have the typical side effects associated with high levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is the psychoactive cannabinoid in marijuana that can induce mind-altering effects and potentially cause side effects like slowed perception, increased heart rate, anxiety, and depression.
Instead of high THC content, THC-free marijuana strains are characterized by their high CBD and CBG concentrations and contain less than 0.2% THC.
THC-Free Marijuana Properties
THC-free marijuana strains offer various benefits due to their cannabinoid composition. Some of these properties include:
- Pain relief and anti-inflammatory effects
- Antioxidant and antiemetic (anti-nausea) properties
- Immunoregulatory and antispasmodic effects
- Lowering blood pressure
- Stress reduction and muscle relaxation
- Help with gastrointestinal diseases
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Reducing pain associated with conditions like fibromyalgia
How do these substances interact with our bodies?
Cannabinoids interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which plays a crucial role in regulating various functions, including sleep, mood, and immune response. The endocannabinoid system has receptors throughout the body, including the skin, which naturally produces its own cannabinoids.
When THC-free marijuana compounds come into contact with the body’s CB1 and CB2 receptors, they can utilize their properties. For instance, CBD can modify the CB1 receptor to prevent it from interacting with THC, resulting in fewer side effects.
High CBD Level Strains
The market offers a growing number of marijuana strains with high CBD or CBG levels and varying THC concentrations. Some popular examples include:
Juanita “La Lagrimosa”
Juanita “La Lagrimosa” CBD by Élite Seeds is a highly medicinal strain with more CBD than THC. It provides a generous yield, intense aroma, and flavor, making it ideal for producing CBD tinctures. It has a faster flowering period and can yield up to 400 g/m2 indoors and 500 g per plant outdoors.
Critical CBD is an indica-dominant strain that combines the strength of Critical strains with the medicinal effects of CBD. It has a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio, making it useful for treating conditions like insomnia and loss of appetite. It has a relatively short flowering time of 8-9 weeks and can yield 500-600 g/m2 indoors and up to 1 kg per plant outdoors.
Red Pure Auto CBD
Red Pure Auto CBD by Sweet Seeds is a medicinal strain with unique red colors and a fruity flavor. It contains 15-17% CBD and is suitable for home cultivation due to its small size. It can yield around 450 g/m2 indoors and 30-100 g per plant outdoors.
Auto White CBG
Auto White CBG by GB Strains is a strain with high cannabigerol levels. It is a result of crossing White CBG and Auto CBG strains. It has a citrus flavor and offers multiple medicinal effects. It can yield up to 450 g/m2 indoors and 120-150 g per plant outdoors.
THC-free marijuana is often used to produce CBD-rich products like oils, creams, and serums. These products have a THC content lower than 0.2% and are highly regarded for their medicinal and therapeutic properties.
1. Can THC-free marijuana get you high?
No, THC-free marijuana strains have very low levels of THC or no THC at all, which means they do not produce the psychoactive effects associated with traditional marijuana.
2. What is the endocannabinoid system?
The endocannabinoid system is a complex cell-signaling system in the body that plays a crucial role in regulating various functions, including mood, sleep, appetite, and immune response.
3. Are THC-free strains legal?
THC-free strains with a THC content below 0.2% are legal in many countries. However, it is important to familiarize yourself with your local laws and regulations regarding marijuana and its derivatives.
4. Can THC-free marijuana help with pain relief?
Yes, THC-free marijuana strains, particularly those with high CBD levels, are known for their pain-relieving properties. CBD has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
5. Are there any side effects of using THC-free marijuana?
Generally, THC-free marijuana strains have minimal side effects, especially when compared to marijuana strains with high THC levels. However, individual experiences may vary, so it is always advisable to start with a low dosage and monitor your body’s response.
6. Is THC-free marijuana addictive?
THC-free marijuana does not contain the addictive compound THC, which is responsible for the psychoactive effects and potential addictive properties of marijuana. However, it is always wise to use any substance responsibly and in moderation.