Pancakes are an essential part of any great breakfast. We’ve all probably had blueberry, strawberry, and even banana pancakes—but how about adding some cannabis-infused lemon ricotta to the mix? Let’s just say these pancakes will elevate your brunch to a whole new level 😉
For this recipe, we enlisted the help of Instagram canna-cook Daniel Williams (@danielwilliams_). Daniel’s “First, We Vibe” videos are proof that cooking with cannabis doesn’t have to be stressful. He starts every video by sparking up and choosing a classic vinyl record to set the mood before getting down to business. Check out his Instagram profile and YouTube channel to learn how to make everything from pesto focaccia to beignets to fried shrimp tacos.
Now that you know who Daniel is, let’s dive into his delicious Cannabis-Infused Lemon Ricotta Pancakes recipe.
What You’ll Need
To make 8 lemon ricotta pancakes, you’ll need the following ingredients.
Apply For Your Medical Marijuana Card Today
Veriheal has satisfied hundreds of thousands of patients nationwide
- Get approved or your money back
- Appointments available on-demand
- Customer support available 24/7
For the pancakes:
- 1.5 cups of milk (or your favorite dairy substitute)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- Lemon zest
- 2 eggs (or egg substitutes)
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of cannabutter
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
For the berry jam:
- Approximately 30 strawberries and 14 blackberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
For the cornstarch mix:
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 4 tbsp of water
Ready to get cooking? Follow these simple steps.
- Make some cannabutter. You’ll want to make your cannabis-infused butter ahead of time, as it can take a bit to whip it up. Our cannabutter recipe will show you how to make around one stick or 4 ounces of cannabutter, which means you’ll have some left over to use however you’d like after making the pancakes. Check out our recipe for cannabutter here. You can also check out our edible dosage calculator to adjust how strong you want your cannabutter to be.
- Make the berry jam. Before starting on the jam, make a cornstarch slurry by mixing 2 tbsp of cornstarch and 4 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Place the bowl to the side. Now, let’s start on the berry mix. In a pot or large saucepan, add water, sugar, strawberries, and blackberries. Gently stir the mixture, bringing it to a boil over medium-high heat. Once the berry mixture has boiled to a softened and reduced state, add in the cornstarch slurry. Reduce the berry mix to a soft boil on medium heat and cook uncovered for about 20 minutes until the jam has thickened. Make sure you’re stirring frequently during this time. Remove it from the heat source once the mixture has thickened up.
- Make the pancake batter. In a large bowl, add the all-purpose flour, baking soda, milk, ricotta, lemon zest, egg, sugar, and cannabutter. Whisk the mix together until no traces of flour remain.
- Cook the batter. Heat a large griddle, nonstick pan, or well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Gently butter your cooking surface with either cannabis-infused or regular butter (depending on your preference) and drop about 1/4 cup of batter onto it. Cooking should take around 2-3 minutes per side; flip them when the bottoms are golden brown. Re-butter your surface before cooking up more batter. Continue the process until you’re out of batter.
- Serve! Throw some berry jam on top of your pancakes and enjoy!
Overall recipe rating:
0 out of 5 based on 0 reviews