Summer is the perfect time for firing up the grill and hosting backyard BBQs with friends and family. If you’re looking to add a creative twist to your summer gatherings, why not infuse some cannabis into your BBQ recipes? Cannabis-infused summer BBQs can offer a unique and enjoyable experience for cannabis enthusiasts, combining the flavors of a delicious outdoor feast with the relaxing effects of cannabis. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to prepare a mouthwatering cannabis-infused steak and grilled vegetables that will elevate your BBQ game to a whole new level. Whether you’re an experienced cannabis connoisseur or just curious about exploring new culinary adventures, this recipe is sure to impress your guests and create an unforgettable summer BBQ experience. So, let’s get grilling and discover the delightful combination of cannabis and summer flavors!
- 1/4 cup cannabis-infused olive oil (adjust potency to personal preference)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds beef steak (such as ribeye or sirloin)
- Assorted vegetables (bell peppers, onions, zucchini, etc.)
- In a bowl, combine the cannabis-infused olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix well to create a marinade.
- Place the beef steak in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. Make sure the steak is well coated with the marinade. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for a stronger flavor.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- While the grill is heating, prepare the vegetables by cutting them into chunks or slices. You can use a mix of colorful bell peppers, onions, zucchini, or any other vegetables of your choice.
- Once the grill is hot, remove the steak from the marinade and let any excess marinade drip off. Reserve the marinade for basting.
- Grill the steak to your desired level of doneness, flipping once halfway through cooking. This usually takes about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, but adjust the cooking time based on your preference.
- While the steak is cooking, place the vegetables on the grill and cook until they are tender and slightly charred, turning occasionally. This will take around 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the vegetables.
- As the steak and vegetables are grilling, brush them with the reserved marinade occasionally to enhance the flavors.
- Once the steak is done, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it against the grain into thin strips.
- Serve the cannabis-infused steak and grilled vegetables together for a delicious and infused summer BBQ experience.
Q1: How can I adjust the potency of the cannabis-infused olive oil?
The potency of cannabis-infused olive oil depends on the concentration of cannabinoids in the oil you are using and the amount of cannabis you infuse into it. To adjust the potency, you can either increase or decrease the amount of cannabis you infuse into the oil. It’s important to remember that the effects of cannabis can vary from person to person, so it’s recommended to start with a lower potency and gradually increase it according to your tolerance and desired effects.
Q2: Can I use a different type of meat instead of beef steak?
Absolutely! You can use different types of meat such as chicken, pork, or even tofu as a substitute for beef steak. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, as different meats may require different grilling times to reach the desired level of doneness.
Q3: Can I make this recipe without the cannabis-infused olive oil?
Yes, definitely! If you prefer a non-infused version, simply replace the cannabis-infused olive oil with regular olive oil. The marinade will still add delicious flavors to your BBQ.
Q4: Can I store the leftover marinade for future use?
It’s generally recommended not to reuse the marinade that has come into contact with raw meat. However, if you want to use it as a basting sauce during grilling, you can set aside a portion of the marinade before adding it to the meat and refrigerate it separately. Make sure to bring it to a boil for a few minutes before using it as a basting sauce to kill any bacteria that might have been introduced.
Q5: How long can I store the cannabis-infused olive oil?
Cannabis-infused olive oil can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a month. Make sure to label it clearly and keep it out of reach of children and pets.